The committee on Internal Audit shall convene as a working body to address campuswide audit concerns and internal control issues and to provide direction regarding campus policy, policy implementation, and the UCI Internal Audit program.
The committee shall serve in an advisory capacity to the chancellor on audit and internal control issues. The director of Internal Audit Services will meet at least annually with the chancellor to review audit and policy issues, discuss long-range and current audit plans, and report on audit results.
The committee shall meet no less than three times a year, and more often if needed, to address emerging problems and policy issues. The committee shall convene as necessary to plan, coordinate, and oversee special projects and investigations.
Meeting agendas shall be prepared by the committee of Internal Audit Services, and the chief financial officer and vice chancellor, Division of Finance and Administration in consultation with other committee members.
- Consider emerging audit and control issues and problems, and determine the overall direction that should be taken to address these issues and problems on a campuswide basis.
- Provide guidance in developing, clarifying and promulgating campus policy with audit and internal control implications in areas where policy is determined to be non-existent, weak, or poorly communicated.
- Define the management concerns and issues that should be considered in developing the campus audit program.
- Review and recommend to the chancellor for approval, long-range and annual audit plans.
- Review audit results and the status of corrective actions being taken to correct internal control deficiencies.
- As necessary plan, coordinate, and oversee special projects and investigations.
- Ensure that those involved understand their roles and responsibilities regarding special projects and investigations.
- Oversee the progress of special projects and investigations and provide necessary authority for related activities as appropriate.
- Ensure that this committee and members of the campus community understand their roles and responsibilities in the areas of audit and related internal controls.
Members of the committee on Internal Audit shall be senior administrative officers representing different segments of the campus community.
The Chief Financial Officer & Vice Chancellor, Division of Finance and Administration, shall serve as chair of the committee.
Ex-Officio Audit Committee Members
- Mike Bathke, Director, Internal Audit Services
- Mary Lou D. Ortiz, Chief Financial Officer & Vice Chancellor, Finance and Administration
- Alex Bustamante, Senior Vice President and Chief Compliance and Audit Officer, University of California, Office of the President
Appointed Audit Committee Members
- Jennifer Aaron, Chair, Academic Senior Managers (ASM) and Associate Vice Provost/Chief of Staff, Office of the Vice Provost for Teaching & Learning
- Willie Banks Jr, Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs
- Kate Brigman, Associate Provost and Chief of Staff, Provost General Operations
- Rebecca Brusuelas-James, Associate Dean for Administration and Finance, School of Medicine and Associate Vice Chancellor for Finance, College of Health Sciences
- Shante Carter, Chief Financial Officer, University Advancement & Alumni Relations
- Kian Colestock, Chief Information Officer/Associate Vice Chancellor, Office of Information Technology
- Richard Coulon, Associate Vice Chancellor, Division of Finance and Administration
- Valerie Dixon, Chief Compliance and Privacy Officer, UCI Health
- Andrea Gunn Eaton, Chief Campus Counsel, Office of Campus Counsel
- Katherine Gallardo, Assistant Vice Chancellor Budget Office
- Nancy Lewis, Senior Director for Sponsored Projects Administration, Office of Research Administration
- Tawny Luu, Director of Compliance, Division of Equal Opportunity and Compliance
- Bruce Morgan, Associate Vice Chancellor for Research Administration, Office of Research Administration
- Barry Oh, Controller/Assistant Vice Chancellor, Accounting and Fiscal Services
- Kirsten Quanbeck, Vice Chancellor, Division of Equal Opportunity and Compliance
- Randolph Siwabessy, Chief Financial Officer, UCI Health
The chair of the committee on Internal Audit shall be responsible for preparing summary minutes for each committee meeting and distributing them to committee members.