The Committee on Internal Audit shall convene as a working body to address campus-wide audit concerns and internal control issues and to provide direction regarding campus policy, policy implementation, and the UC Irvine Internal Audit program.
The Committee shall serve in an advisory capacity to the Chancellor on audit and internal control issues. The Director of Internal Audit Services will meet at least annually with the Chancellor to review audit and policy issues, discuss long-range and current audit plans, and report on audit results.
The Committee shall meet no less than three times a year, and more often if needed, to address emerging problems and policy issues. The Committee shall convene as necessary to plan, coordinate, and oversee special projects and investigations.
Meeting agendas shall be prepared by the Director of Internal Audit Services, and the Vice Chancellor, Administration and Business Services in consultation with other Committee members.
- Consider emerging audit and control issues and problems, and determine the overall direction that should be taken to address these issues and problems on a campus-wide basis.
- Provide guidance in developing, clarifying and promulgating campus policy with audit and internal control implications in areas where policy is determined to be non-existent, weak or poorly communicated.
- Define the management concerns and issues that should be considered in developing the campus audit program.
- Review and recommend to the Chancellor for approval, long-range and annual audit plans.
- Review audit results and the status of corrective actions being taken to correct internal control deficiencies.
- As necessary plan, coordinate, and oversee special projects and investigations.
- Ensure that those involved understand their roles and responsibilities regarding special projects and investigations.
- Oversee the progress of special projects and investigations and provide necessary authority for related activities as appropriate.
- Ensure that this Committee and members of the campus community understand their roles and responsibilities in the areas of audit and related internal controls.
Members of the Committee on Internal Audit shall be senior administrative officers representing different segments of the campus community, as follows:
- Associate Executive Vice Chancellor
- Vice Chancellor, Administrative and Business Services
- Vice Chancellor, Research
- Vice Chancellor, Planning & Budget
- Chief Campus Counsel
- Vice Chancellor, Student Services
- Dean, School of Medicine
- Chief Financial Officer, UC Irvine Medical Center
- Associate Vice Chancellor, Administrative and Business Services
- Vice Chancellor, Advancement
- Chief Compliance & Privacy Officer
- Assistant Vice Chancellor, Accounting & Fiscal Services/Controller
- Director, Internal Audit Services
- Senior Vice President/Chief Compliance and Audit Officer, Office of the President
The Vice Chancellor, Administrative and Business Services, shall serve as Chair of the Committee.
The Chair of the Committee on Internal Audit shall be responsible for preparing summary minutes for each Committee meeting and distributing them to Committee members.